Making the impossible, possible!

“The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination.” This line has really great impacts to students like me. It encourages and inspires someone else’s life. I mean, it lightens your path or something I can’t completely described. Maybe, the description of the lines also relies to those who can relate himself/herself in the situation. Others may remember someone by just reading that lines. For me, problems, status, background, disability and other hindrances in life are not good reason enough to give up; instead it’s a useful tool, a steady rock, to reach all your dreams and ambitions. Each one of us has his own purposes that keep us going. We have all our selfish/unselfish motives; buy all the things we want, finished study, have a good work and so many things we want to achieve. Most people on earth are never contented on the things they have, only few fell happy and contented. But people differ, right? Some give up everything they lived for and some never surrender until they got what they wanted. Some people have already a perfect life, while others do not have enough but still making their life to be perfect one.
I can’t say that our family is perfect. We are nine in the family with six girls and a boy. I am the sixth child in the family, next to my brother. Our only brother, KUYA, as what we called him, is the special among us or we can say, “The only rose among the thorns.” Our mama said when our brother was born, our papa was very happy for at last he had a son whom he longed for, for at last there will be someone who will bring the family’s name. As proud papa, he told mama that he will bring kuya anywhere he goes. When mama described papa’s happiness I really can’t measure it. Hmmp! A very proud and happy papa! But what happened? I can’t see the description mama told us. It seems like it’s ironic, what she said was opposite of what is real. There were no papa who protect and take care of his one and only son. Since I was a child, I never saw a father-son fondness but most of the time I saw a father-daughters bonding. I and my sisters could easily get the “kiliti” of our papa by just sitting on his lap, just a hug or a kiss but kuya had a hard time and I know it hurts kuya deep inside. Kuya and I were not that close. We often play together but we argue most of the time and papa always punished him even if it’s my fault not his. I can’t also forget the times when papa chained kuya’s feet in order for him to stay at the house. In short, papa is not a hero in kuya’s life but its mama. Since kindergarten, all of my sisters including me were honor students and an award recipient except kuya. And maybe because of that papa always compares kuya to our achievements in school. But I know kuya was doing much effort just to excel himself in other areas. I could feel the hardships in kuya’s side. I could see his efforts in getting the attention of my father. Doing something good on his little own ways bring achievements but papa always gives negative comments on kuya’s work. Until kuya’s high school graduation came and papa did not attend. Even though kuya did not receive any award but he never failed in any of his subjects. I wonder if there’s any reason behind papa”s cold treatment to kuya other than being a simple student having no awards. But kuya is determined to grab papa’s attention even for a while. A positive one! When kuya graduated his 2-year course, Associate in Information Technology, he received many awards; Loyalty Award, Dancer of the Year, Sikap Award, and TESDA Passer. Papa wanted to come to kuya’s graduation maybe to experience being a proud papa to his one-and-only son. But unfortunately, he can’t since only one of the parents was allowed to go for the reason of no space. And of course kuya wanted his heroine, mama, to be with him on that day. Papa was dismayed and his cold treatment to kuya continued until now. But kuya was determined to hear papa’s appreciation as a proudest papa for him. He still keeps doing anything good and even though it is not appreciated, kuya never stop, it was not a reason for him to give up. Now, my kuya is 22 years old and his making his own income as an EMCOR Technician. Kuya decided to pursue his studies to a 4-year course, Bachelor of Science in Information Technology. Lately, kuya was chosen by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) to be an actual Instructor in computer literacy in secondary education in our place, Pagadian City. And we are all proud of him, and I know papa too. Kuya work so hard just to pay part of his tuition fees in school. In his own way, kuya want papa realize that he is worthy by having him. I really salute kuya, my brother. His great courage and determination to make the impossible become possible makes him my one-and-only kuya, the best kuya in the world. I know kuya can finally get papa’s salute at the end. I believe in kuya’s determination. Aja! Bro…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Legend of the Banawe Rice Terraces

Mission Accomplished

Once When I Was Young